Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 7, 2011

IT'S A POST GUYS!

I have a secret.
It's about Nina.
And her locker.
And the book that was in her locker.
And the fact that I took the book out of her locker, and then how I never put it back.
But that's okay, right Nina?
I finally found a good book to read, and at one of the places I'd least expect. The unlocked locker above mine.

For the last three months I've been looking for a book that I'll really love. A book that I'll read eight or nine more times in the next year. A book that I won't want to put down for even a minute. I love those books, but there aren't many out there that I've found yet. Most of the time you don't easily find those types of books. But when you do, you don't easily lose them either. So I think I might have found one that I'm going to add to my list. It's called Red Riding Hood and it's a novel by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright based off of the new movie written by David Leslie Johnson. Of course I'm not sure if I'm in love with it yet since I've only read a couple of chapters, but so far so good.

The story is of a teenage girl named Valerie who lives in a small village. Each month the werewolf comes for a monthly sacrifice. Something happens that causes the village to find out that the werewolf lives among them, and that it could be anyone. Valerie is singled out by the werewolf and she must find some way to save herself and the people she loves most.

I really love the idea of this book and how its a twisted story of little red riding hood. I also like the genre of the book and how it's portrayed. The way Sarah Blakley-Cartwright writes is also a strong reason why this book is so intriguing. I want to know where the story is going to go, but I also know that I'll be sad when I finish it. Finishing a great book is painful in a way. You're amazed by the ending (in a good or bad way) but you're also sad that you can't keep reading.

I'm dying for this book to be amazing and I have a feeling it will be. I hope it makes me sad at the sad parts, excited at the suspenseful parts, and scared at the scary parts. I really want this book to make me think, and even confuse me a bit. I hope that I'm a little upset at the end of the book because the book is over. I want it to be that by the end of this book I'm not disappointed. But really, I just hope the book is good. 

2 comments: